Post reforms and liberalization in early 90’s, the manufacturing sector witnessed unprecedented growth, and KSL identified tremendous potential beyond serving the in-house requirements. There was a need to grow, upgrade, diversify and economize. Thus, KSL shifted base to Hospet, Karnataka, to set up a world class integrated steel mill (iron-ore based, blast-furnace route) in 1997, with a hot metal capacity of 2,90,000 TPA. This establishment was of extreme strategic importance, with southern region being a budding automotive hub, and Karnataka being a state rich in Iron Ore, along with Mangalore port for other raw material imports. With its Head Office in West (Pune) and Plant in South, Kalyani Steels steadily gained a nationwide foothold.
The original Pune facility (arc-furnace route), through a Joint Venture with Carpenter Corporation, USA, came to be known as Kalyani Carpenter Special Steels Ltd.
Over the years, Kalyani Steels has been continuously and extensively upgrading its technology and infrastructure. Today, this integrated steel complex has hot metal capacity of 650,000 TPA of carbon and alloy steels, a with three Mini Blast Furnaces, two Rolling Mills, Sinter Plant, Power Plant, BFG fired re-heating furnaces, state-of-the-art testing facilities and many such modern equipment, in a sprawling green 375 acre campus.
The forging industry in India is the primary market for the company’s products. Indian and International component manufacturers for commercial vehicles, two wheelers, diesel engines, bearings, tractors, turbines and rail form the significant part of the company’s clientele. Additionally, KSL has earned the status of preferred steel supplier for engineering, seamless tube and aluminium-smelting industry.
Board Of Directors
- Mr. B.N. Kalyani - Chairman
- Mrs. Sunita B. Kalyani - Director
- Mr. Amit B. Kalyani - Director
- Mr. S.M. Kheny - Director
- Mr. S.K. Adivarekar - Director
- Mr. B. B. Hattarki - Director
- Mr. M. U. Takale - Director
- Mr. S. K. Mandlik - Director
- Mr. Arun P. Pawar - Director
- Mrs. Shruti A. Shah - Director
- Mr. Ahmad Javed - Director
- Mr. R. K. Goyal - Managing Director
- Mr. B.M. Maheshwari - Chief Financial Officer
- Mrs. D. R. Puranik - Company Secretary